Friday, September 14, 2012

Winona Ryder in "Beetlejuice" Sequel?


Winona Ryder is reportedly set to be in talks with Tim Burton and screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith next week to discuss the possibility of making a sequel to the 1988 comedy, Beetlejuice.

Will she star in the film?: "You tell me - I don't know! I've heard from journalists, that's how I found out, but I'm seeing Tim next week, and I will let you know."

She added: "I'm trying to think about how that would work. Obviously I'm not [the focal point]; it's got to be Michael [Keaton]. So is it happening?... Tim hasn't confirmed it yet."

Ryder clarified that she would not be averse to joining the project if the story appealed to her: "If it was interesting. Although, I don't know if I would ever know a good script if it bit me in the face. But, I know what I like, so we'll see.

"Seth is writing something. I just told him, because it was something where I liked the character, he'd probably have a better response. He has ideas about it, so I just wanted to let him respond to it and see what he comes up with."

Winona Ryder has collaborated with Tim Burton on Beetlejuice (1988), Edward Scissorhands (1990), and his newest feature, Frankenweenie (2012).

No comments: