Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fry on "Wonderland," Burton


RexFeatures


Stephen Fry announced on his official Twitter page that he feels "honoured" to be a part of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Fry will be playing the part of the Chesire Cat.

Fry spoke with Digital Spy and gave a few more details in a video interview.

"I have to say I didn't know the project was happening," he said. "My agent rang up and said, 'Can you see Tim Burton and lay down some Cheshire Cat action.' I said I'd be honoured to do so." He then explained that he was very excited to meet Burton, a filmmaker he greatly admires and calls "original and extraordinary." He said he was "blown away" by the first film of Burton's that he saw, Edward Scissorhands, which he calls one of his favorite films because of the visual design and performances.

On lending his voice to his animated role, Fry said: "You're alone in a little glass booth with Tim on the other side making suggestions as to how he wants the voice to be, you're not all gathered together as a cast.

"My friend Michael Sheen is playing the White Rabbit, I know him jolly well. We don't have a 'scene' together. We do have dialogue together but he'll probably do his in America, in London or wherever he is, and they'll get mixed together in the end."

More is discussed in the video interview.

No comments: